Two separate serious incidents of extreme violence against females from down under. Even Australia’s strict immigration criteria and visitor entry cant prevent them having ‘religion of peace’ problems of their own. Which ever civilized part of the world Muslims end up. Rest assured the usual problems usually associated with Muslims such as increased sex crimes and attacks on females are sure to follow and be not far behind.
Police searching for man who stabbed a woman several times at Athol Park, critically injuring her
- BY:ANDREW HOUGH AND BEN HYDE
- July 13, 2013 8:21AM
A WOMAN is in a critical condition in hospital after she was stabbed multiple times during the suspected sale of a mobile phone in an Adelaide suburban car park.
Police said the woman, 26, suffered life-threatening wounds following the “callous and vicious attack” in Athol Park last night.
Witnesses suggested the woman, who has not been named, had earlier met her attacker in the car park, in the north-west suburbs to sell her mobile phone.
Detectives today said they were “keeping an open mind” on what provoked the “very vicious attack” but were yet to interview the victim because she had undergone emergency surgery.
It remains unclear how the woman, whom police said had “very little opportunity to defend herself”, and her attacker knew each other.
Authorities were called to The Avenue just after 10pm after reports the woman had been stabbed “multiple times” by a man who then drove off from the car park, located next to a child and family centre.
The woman, of Richmond, in Adelaide’s west, suffered life-threatening wounds and was rushed to the Royal Adelaide Hospital where she underwent emergency surgery. She remains in a critical condition.
A witness, who called himself CJ, said he heard a scream and then someone screaming “help me, help me” and went to the woman’s aid.
“She had stab wounds to the back of her head. My wife kept pressure on that and I kept pressure on the stab wound to her stomach,” he said.
“I think people at the hospital saved her life. I just kept her alive.”
The attacker, who remains at large, drove away in a 1999 Nissan Pulsar sedan with registration WLU-614, which remains missing. No weapon has yet been recovered.
Police have spoken to the car’s registered owner who is “assisting” the investigation but it was being driven by another “person of interest”. Police declined to comment further.
Det Sen-Con Chay Summers, from the Western Adelaide CIB, today described the attack as “very vicious”.
Asked if it related to a mobile phone sale, he replied: “We are still gathering our evidence from our witnesses. We hope that when the victim has recovered from surgery that we will be able to speak to her.
“We are keeping an open mind. We are investigating all possibilities. We have not been able to speak to the victim due to her surgery so… we are hoping she can shed a little bit more light on that (their relationship).
“It was a callous and vicious attack. The female had very little opportunity to defend herself. ”
Asked if the incident was connected to any other crimes or incidents, he said police were “keeping all lines of inquiry open”.
He added: “No matter what the circumstances are the attack was certainly callous and vicious.”
He cautioned people against trying to become have-go-heroes but to instead “call police in the first instance”. He declined to say what sort of weapon was used.
The suspect was described as being of Asian appearance, aged in his early 20s, about 172cm tall, with a “chubby build” and black shoulder-length hair parted in the centre.
He was clean shaven and was wearing a black leather jacket with no shirt underneath.
Anyone who spots the car or knows its whereabouts should call the Police Assistance Line on 131 444.
Alternatively anyone with information about the incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or online at www.sa.crimestoppers.com.au.
Convicted rapist suspect in laneway attack
July 10, 2013
A convicted rapist on parole is a suspect in the bashing and sexual assault of a young mother in a North Melbourne laneway.
Police will set up an information caravan on Saturday night as part of appeal for information about the sexual assault on June 30.
The suspect is a 28-year-old from Reservoir who was arrested and released earlier this week.
In 2003, he raped a woman on a footpath in Melbourne’s north while cars drove past.
He was released on parole in 2007, but four months after his parole ended in 2009 he bashed a sex worker.
A judge said they had ‘‘guarded optimism” for the suspect’s rehabilitation prospects and jailed him for four years, with a minimum of two years and five months.
He was eligible for parole in April last year, but it is unclear when he was released.
Police said on Wednesday that detectives from the Sexual Crimes Squad and local uniform police would set up a caravan on Victoria Street near the intersection of Chetwynd Street from 9pm until midnight. They will hand out flyers along King Street and at local Nightrider bus stops and train stations, keen to speak to anyone with information about the North Melbourne assault.
The assault, which has disturbing echoes of elements of the Jill Meagher case, involved a 23-year-old woman who was out celebrating for the first time after giving birth.
Police have CCTV footage that shows the woman, who gave birth two months ago, being dragged into Browns Lane where she was punched, kicked and sexually assaulted.
In a case described as “abhorrent” by investigators, it is believed the woman was stalked for blocks from the city to North Melbourne.
Police say she was approached by a man as she headed north from King Street about 2.45am Sunday. He tried to strike up a conversation and to hold her hand.
The woman said she was not interested and kept walking along Victoria Street and into Chetwynd Street.
Police say the attacker later grabbed her in a bear-hug then dragged her into Browns Lane where they say he punched her in the head multiple times, knocked her to the ground, kicked her and sexually assaulted her.
Detective Inspector Paul Binyon, of the sexual crime squad, said a particularly disturbing aspect of the case was that the young woman was out celebrating for the first time since the birth of her child.
“This woman did not know this man in any way. She rebuffed his advances on a number of occasions as they were walking … it’s just an abhorrent crime,” he said in the days after the attack.
“Detectives are champing at the bit to identify this person and lock him up.”
It is believed the woman’s screams were heard by neighbours, who immediately alerted police to the assault.
The man was described at the time of attack to be of Asian or sub-continental appearance, of medium build with cropped, black hair and unshaven with stubble.
He was wearing a black top, blue jeans and an open leather jacket.
The woman’s handbag was also stolen and is still missing.
A spokesman for Victoria Police urged anyone with information about the assault to immediately contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au.
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/convicted-rapist-suspect-in-laneway-attack-20130710-2ppfe.html#ixzz2Z2sKw7BE