Ofsted today published its findings from the recent inspection at controversial Muslim free school Al-Madinah in Derby. The taxpayer funded school opened in 2012, and has made headlines for its strict Islamic practices and discrimination to female pupils and staff. Non Muslim staff were told they must wear Islamic dress including Hijabs. They were also ordered not to bring non-halal food to school for their own lunches. It was this discrimination against females and non-Muslim staff that caused outrage recently when it hit the headlines. As a result Schools inspectors Ofsted did an unplanned inspection of the school.
The idea of a segregated religious school was opposed by the Derby Campaign for Inclusive Education (DCIE) on the grounds that education should be inclusive with children from different backgrounds being educated together so they can make up their own minds as to what to believe as adults.
Ofsteds report confirmed what many of us already suspected about the sub standard levels of teaching and other goings on in Muslim schools that are based on the Quran with all its inconsistencies.
Main Points From Report:
- Overall effectiveness: Inadequate : 4
- Achievement of pupils : Inadequate : 4
- Quality of teaching: Inadequate : 4
- Behaviour and safety of pupils: Inadequate : 4
- Leadership and management: Inadequate: 4
(4 is the lowest possible score)
- This is a school that requires special measures.
- This school is dysfunctional.
- The basic systems and processes a school needs to operate well are not in place.
- This is a school which has been set up and run by representatives of the community with limited knowledge and experience. Leadership and management, including governance, are inadequate and have been unable to improve the school.
- The school has not been adequately monitored or supported. Pupils’ achievement is inadequate because the staff’s expectations are too low and pupils do not make enough progress.
- Teaching is inadequate. Many teachers are inexperienced and have not received the training and support they need.
- In many lessons, pupils are given the same work to do regardless of their different abilities.
- Behaviour and safety are inadequate because attendance is low and declining Procedures for ensuring pupils are safe do not meet requirements.
- The governing body is ineffective. Until recently, the governing body had not appreciated how poor pupils’ experiences are.
- The school’s finances are not properly managed and the usual safe recruitment processes have not been followed.
Full report can be seen here : http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/provider/files/2276225/urn/138776.pdf
After reading the report on Al Madina school, i spoke with a school teacher to gauge their opinion on it to see if the findings were as bad as they looked. They confirmed they are just as bad as they look, if anything after speaking with the teacher i get the impression they are much worse than i first thought. The overall effectiveness grade 4 -Inadequate puts it in the bottom 6% of all schools in the country. The grade 4 Inadequate across the board in every subsection is not just inadequate but pathetic. In the inspectors eyes this school is one of the worst schools in the UK.
For a school that promises so much according to its brochure for prospective parents it has achieved nothing. Amongst all the false promises and pro Muslim i did notice a couple of things that looked dodgy to me as a non-Muslim. Dinner Time is not in order of classes but by sex, all boys then when they finish lunchtime the girls have theirs. PE is the same. It’s almost as if any time the children have to enjoy themselves and intermingle, sex segregation is enforced.
The children have as many as 6 Islamic related lessons per week. 3 Quranic type lessons and 3 on Islamic science. WTF ISLAMIC SCIENCE!!!! No wonder the school is so useless. If they are teaching them false science from the Quran that has been proved wrong long ago. Some fine examples of Islamic science that Muslims believe are: The sun sets in a swamp, the earth is flat, males sperm is from the ribs, camel urine is a miracle cure for every illness, man is made from clay, Women are deficient in intelligence, etc etc.
There is no place in British society for Muslim only schools. This report shows how they are way off the mark academically in everything. Not only are these kids having their heads filled with Islam related rubbish but given that Muslim children typically have a lower IQ due to inbreeding and without the correct learning support. The two combined does not give that child much of a future in the real world other than a life of benefits. They are also learning from an early age that sex segregation is acceptable and prohibited from mixing with the opposite sex. No encouragement or opportunity to mix with non-Muslim children hardly does much for cohesion or to promote integration.
Regular commentator on this site Iftikhar Ahmad of the London School Of Islamics pops up on every post regardless of the subject cutting and pasting his 1 man campaign for Islamic Schools in the UK. He thinks Bilingual Muslim only schools where children can learn the ‘beauty of the Quran’ and Islamic poetry are the answer to everything as opposed to monolingual British schools where girls at 10 get pregnant and learn porn is OK.
So I.A. London ,what do you say to having your fire pissed on by Ofsted ??? Is Muslim schooling still the bees knees and answer to everything ????