Attempted Abduction Of Serviceman Outside RAF Base By 2 Arabs Police Say Possibly Terrorism

Lets be honest it was only a matter of time before the jihad against the civilised infidels landed on our own doorsteps. The French had the Paris massacre and this weeks truck attack in Nice killing 85 innocents.  In the USA 49 killed in a Florida gay nightclub by an Islamist savage. Earlier this week in Germany they had a terror attack on a train by a fundamentalist Afghan knife-man. Now it seems its the UK’s turn for the brain-dead Islamofascists to bring their backwards savagery in the name of Allah to.

RAF Marham: Serviceman threatened with knife treated as abduction

Soldier on patrol at RAF MarhamImage copyrightPA
Image captionSoldiers are patrolling the exterior of RAF Marham following the abduction attempt

A serviceman who was threatened with a knife near an RAF base was the victim of an attempted abduction, police said.

Officers said he was approached by two men as he was out jogging near RAF Marham in Norfolk on Wednesday.

He was threatened with a knife and attempts were made to grab him but the victim, who was not in uniform, fought them off and escaped unharmed.

Norfolk Police said it was “unable to discount terrorism” as a motive.

Follow live updates on this story

The Ministry of Defence (MoD) confirmed RAF Marham is home to some of the Tornado bombers that have recently taken part in air strikes against so called Islamic State.

Det Supt Paul Durham said the serviceman was jogging along a fairly isolated route used regularly by base personnel when he was grabbed by a man from a parked, dark coloured people carrier.

He was wearing headphones and listening to music at the time so did not hear what the first attacker said to him, police said.

He managed to wrestle him to the ground before a second man, armed with the knife, tried to attack him.

The men then fled in the car.

The knife was described as a “military type” with a three inch handle and blade measuring about 2.5 – 3 inches long.

Media captionNorfolk Police are hunting two suspects over the attempted kidnap, Asst Ch Cons Nick Dean says

Det Supt Durham said the force were examining CCTV footage outside the base and that tracing the vehicle was “hugely important to the investigation”.

“We want to recover that vehicle and its occupants”, he said.

Police have issued descriptions of the two suspects involved.

One is described as between 20 and 30 years old, approximately 6ft (1.81m) tall, of athletic but stocky build, with dark hair, long on top, and a well-groomed beard. He was of Middle Eastern appearance with dark skin and wore dark casual clothing.

The other is said to be around the same age but younger than the first suspect and of a slimmer build, 5ft 10ins (1.78m) tall, and clean shaven with short dark hair. He was also of Middle Eastern appearance and wore a white t-shirt and dark shorts.

Det Supt Durham said they were keen to hear from anyone who may have seen the people carrier in the King’s Lynn area “but particularly towards Marham between midday and 6pm yesterday”.

He added: “The motivation for the attack remains unclear and whilst we are currently unable to discount terrorism, there are a number of other possible hypotheses.”

Media captionHeightened security at RAF Marham following the “attempted kidnap” of serviceman

A dedicated hotline for anyone who has information about the abduction has also been set up.

Detectives are urging members of the public to call 0800 056 0154 or 0207 158 0011 particularly if they saw a dark coloured people carrier in the King’s Lynn area yesterday afternoon.

Assistant Chief Constable Nick Dean said vigilance at RAF Marham and the wider community would be enhanced.

He added: “But in terms of the threat to national security, and particularly the military, there has been no change in terms of the security threat.”

The MoD said it was aware of the police operation but would not comment further.

The Burnthouse Drove and Ladywood Road area remains closed as police carry out patrols, house-to-house inquiries and more detailed searches.

Families arriving at base
Image captionPeople attended the base’s families day which went ahead despite the attempted abduction

The base is home to almost 10,000 people, including members of the RAF, Navy and Army, as well as the civil service and other staff.

A spokeswoman said an event for base friends and families went ahead as planned.

One thought on “Attempted Abduction Of Serviceman Outside RAF Base By 2 Arabs Police Say Possibly Terrorism”

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s