Women are not safe even when engaging Muslim males carrying out relevantly simple tasks in what you would imagine as a safe-ish environment such as buying a donner kebab from a take away.
A MAN denies sexually assaulting two women in a kebab shop in Dumbarton after allegedly pulling the shutters down and locking them in.
Hassan Al Kheteeb has pleaded not guilty to three charges involving the two women for alleged offences said to have taken place at the Mr Kebab take-away in Glasgow Road.
Al Kheteeb was appearing at Dumbarton Sheriff Court in connection with the alleged incidents which are said to have taken place on occasions in July last year.
The 30-year-old, who lives in Raglan Street in the Woodside area of Glasgow, faces two charges in relation to one of the women, the first charge alleges that between July 21 and 24 he tried to induce the woman to stay over night with him and made remarks of a sexual nature towards her.
The second alleges that on July 28 and 29 he lowered the shutters of the shop and locked them, detaining her against her will, he then instructed her to dance, chased her and carried out a sexual assault.
He is also accused of pursuing her in a motor vehicle and instructing her to get in.
The other charge involving another woman alleges that on the same dates he lowered the shutters of the shop, locked them and refused to let her leave, detaining her against her will.
He is then alleged to have carried out a sexual assault on the woman and forcibly handled her body.
And then on a second occasion it’s alleged that he induced her to enter the rear of the shop where he is said to have sexually assaulted her.
Sheriff Simon Pender continued the matter until July 7 and continued Al Kheteeb’s bail.
A trial date has been scheduled for July 19.