****************UPDATE*************** A MAN has been arrested in connection with the sexual assault of a teenager.The 17-year-old was attacked as she walked in Bank Street, Irvine, in North Ayrshire, at about 8.55pm on Thursday, police said.Her attacker pulled her into a wooded area where he sexually assaulted her, then ran off a short time later after a passer-by heard the girl shouting.The man, 24, is in police custody.
Police on the hunt for teen sex attacker
Aug 08, 2014 12:55 By Ross Dunn Daily Record
The young woman was pulled into a wooded area on Irvine’s Bank Street near Stanecastle roundabout where she was sexually assaulted by a man.
Police are hunting for a man who sexually assaulted a teenage girl in broad daylight.
The 17-year-old was walking on Bank Street near to Stanecastle roundabout when she was pulled into a wooded area and sexually assaulted on Thursday, July 7 at around 8.55pm.
The suspect then fled the scene via Paterson Avenue after a passer-by heard the woman shouting.
The suspect is described as approximately 20-years-old age and of Asian appearance with a very slim build.
He was wearing a long-sleeved, navy-blue coloured shirt, black dress trousers and black shoes. He also spoke with a local accent.
The young woman has been left extremely shaken as a result of the attack.
Detective Inspector Scott McClelland of Saltcoats Police Office said:
“The area where this incident took place is usually busy with passing motorists and pedestrians and I would urge anyone who witnessed anything that may assist this investigation to contact us.
“The suspect was last seen making his way into Patterson Avenue, Irvine and anyone who saw him or recognises his description should contact police as a matter of urgency.”
Information can be passed to Police Scotland on 101. Alternatively Crimestoppers can be contacted on 0800 555 111, where anonymity can be maintained.
- Heart Surgeon Mohammed Asif Suspended For 2nd Time In 4 Years Accused Of Inappropriate Behaviour
- Two ‘Asian’ Weirdos Pester Four Women In A Dumbarton Park
- Anti-White Hate Crime : Police Hunt Group Of Racist Muslims Who Abused Female On Train
- Hate Preacher Banned In Pakistan Yet Allowed In UK To Speak At Scottish Mosque
- Moaning Muslims Claim Discrimination Over Catholic School Prioritising Baptised Children
- Race Relations Worker Guilty Of Racist Abuse : Muslim Committed Hate Crime:
- Muslim Sex Pest In Court Over Kebab Shop Attacks
- Racist ‘Asian’ Hurled Abuse At Passengers On Board Train