A BUSINESSMAN who groomed a 12-year-old girl and sexually abused her over a four-month period has been jailed.
Mohammed Sadiq, 39, was given an eight-year sentence after being found guilty of five offences against the youngster.
Leeds Crown Court heard Sadiq was caught after he wrote a series of letters to the girl which were discovered by her mother.
In the letters Sadiq, of Main Street, East Ardsley, told the girl how he wanted to spend time “cuddling and kissing” her. He also told her she was “sexy” and described how his wife was becoming suspicious. The court heard Sadiq also wrote that she should destroy the letters.
Katherine Silverton, prosecuting, said the girl deliberately left the notes in a place where she knew her mother would find them.
After committing the sex assaults upon her, Sadiq told the girl not to say anything or he would burn her home down.
Jailing the father-of-two, Recorder Robin Mairs described how Sadiq had deliberately used the language of a schoolgirl and how the offending may have been much worse had the letters not been discovered.
He said: “You are a man of the world. You are experienced. You are a professional businessman. You have tailored it to fit in with a 12 or 13-year-old girl.
“These letters represent regular, considered, persistent grooming of a child.” Recorder Mairs added: “What is evident is that there is not a shred of contrition or remorse.”
Sadiq was found guilty of two offences of sexual assault on a child, one of attempted sexual assault of a child, sexual activity with a child and inciting sexual activity with a child.
Zia Chaudry, mitigating, said hie client continued to deny the offences. Sadiq was told he must serve a five-year prison sentence followed by an extended licence period of three years.
- Peterborough Rape Jihad : Woman Sexually Assaulted At Knifepoint
- Manchester Rapist Samaun Shah Jailed For 8 Years For Car Park Sex Attack
- Police Seek 2 Males Who Attacked 18 Year Old Female In Yorkshire
- Woman Sexually Assaulted In Nottingham By ‘Asian’ Carrying Bag Of Tennis Racquets
- Farhad Mostafa From Nottingham Jailed For Raping Lesbian Who Mistook His Car For A Taxi
- Police Warn That Over 1000 Children At Risk Of Grooming In West Midlands With 70 Active CSE Investigations
- Zulfiqar Asif From Lancashire Jailed For Drugging And Raping Woman
- Sheffield Rape Jihad: Female Sexually Assaulted On Way To Work During Daytime