Another attempted rape jihad attack in the heavily islamized area of East Lancashire
Detectives in Nelson are appealing for information after a woman was assaulted on Thursday.
At around 5-30pm a 40-year-old local woman was walking along the footpath leading from Southfield Street to St Georges Road, Nelson, when a man grabbed her by the arm and attempted to pull her into bushes near a footbridge.
She managed to break free and run across the bridge, but the man caught up with her and pushed her to the ground where she was assaulted.
The victim managed to kick out at the man and struggled free before he fled the scene in the direction of Southfield Street.
Det. Sgt Mick Cross from East Division CID said: “This was a terrifying assault on a woman who was out walking on her own.
“We believe there may be a sexual motive to this and are appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time that may have witnessed the incident or saw a man loitering or running away from the area to contact us.”
The offender has been described as an Asian man in his late twenties/early thirties, 5ft. 6in. and of medium build. It is believed he was wearing a blue tracksuit top with a hood up and matching blue bottoms.
Anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting reference number 999 of June 5th 2014. Alternatively, they can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at Crimestoppers-uk.org.
- Peterborough Rape Jihad : Woman Sexually Assaulted At Knifepoint
- Manchester Rapist Samaun Shah Jailed For 8 Years For Car Park Sex Attack
- Police Seek 2 Males Who Attacked 18 Year Old Female In Yorkshire
- Woman Sexually Assaulted In Nottingham By ‘Asian’ Carrying Bag Of Tennis Racquets
- Farhad Mostafa From Nottingham Jailed For Raping Lesbian Who Mistook His Car For A Taxi
- Police Warn That Over 1000 Children At Risk Of Grooming In West Midlands With 70 Active CSE Investigations
- Zulfiqar Asif From Lancashire Jailed For Drugging And Raping Woman
- Sheffield Rape Jihad: Female Sexually Assaulted On Way To Work During Daytime