Two lone females have been targeted by an ethnic minority sex pest in separate random sex attacks. The attacks took place on footpaths in Hatfield, Hertfordshire which is just north of London in case you had never heard of the place and curious where it was like i was. It saved you the trouble of looking it up 😉
Two 20-year-olds sexually assaulted in Hatfield
By Ewan FoskettFriday, June 6, 2014 3:16 PM WHTimes
Two 20-year-old women have been attacked and sexually assaulted in Hatfield, sparking a police manhunt.
Both of the victims were walking on footpaths late at night and were hit before being set upon.
The first woman, 20 was walking on a footpath between Lemsford Lane and St Albans Road West, near to the junction with St Peters Close on Monday when she was preyed on.
At roughly 10pm a man approached her from behind and struck her head and then sexually assaulted her.
She pushed him off and then ran away.
The second happened in St Albans Road East at 10.10pm on Wednesday.
The victim was walking on a footpath near St Luke’s Church listening to music through earphones.
A man grabbed her tripped her up and sexually assaulted her.
She screamed for help and the attacker fled.
Detective Superintendent, Pete Fulham, said: “We believe these two incidents are linked due to the description of the offender and his clothing provided by both the victims in this case, combined with the timing and close proximities of the assaults within Hatfield Town Centre.
“I can reassure Hatfield residents that the constabulary has a team of detectives working hard to identify, trace and arrest the man responsible.
“We have also increased police patrols in the area to respond to possible sightings of him in order to catch the offender, protect the public and to reduce the potential of further similar incidents.
“The offender was said to have spoken in a strong foreign accent and did not speak good English.”
Officers have released an image of a man they wish to speak to in connection with the investigation.
Supt Fulham added: “The man pictured may have vital information about what happened and I would urge the public to contact us immediately if they can identify him. He is wearing a distinctive white McKenzie sports jacket with darker coloured stripes.
“I would also like to speak to anyone who believes they may have witnessed these incidents or has been approached by a man in the area in similar circumstances to contact us.
“Whilst our investigations take place I would urge women and girls in the area to take note of some safety advice, including remaining alert when walking alone, being aware of your surroundings and sticking to busy, well lit areas.”
Police have issued this advice to women
Police are warning women to be on the guard:
- · Stick to busy and well-lit areas
- · Avoid short cuts through quiet, unlit, secluded or wooded areas and alleyways
- · Stay alert
- · Don’t use iPods or personal stereo headphones whilst walking or jogging because you may not be able to hear someone approaching
- · Make sure someone knows where you are going and tell them when you’ve arrived
- · If you think someone is following you, go to the nearest busy place
- · Take a mobile phone with you.
UPDATE: SEX FIEND ARRESTED
Police last night (Friday) arrested a man in connection with two Hatfield sex attacks on 20-year-old women.
The man, whose age is currently unknown, was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault following police inquiries. The first alleged attack took place on a footpath between Lemsford Road and St Albans Road West, near to the junction with St Peters Close at 10pm on Monday.
A woman was approached from behind by a man who struck her to the head and sexually assaulted her.
She pushed him off and he then ran away.
A second woman was allefedly targeted on Wednesday.
She was walking through a footpath close to St Luke’s Church listening to music using her earphones, when a man grabbed her and tripped her over.
She fell to the ground and was sexually assaulted, the victim shouted for help and he ran off.
Despite the arrest, police are still keen to speak to anyone who has any information about either of these incidents.
Detective Superintendent Pete Fulham said: “I would like to speak to anyone who believes they may have witnessed these incidents or has been approached by a man in the area in similar circumstances to contact us.”
- Police Hunt Islamoflasher Who Exposed Himself In Shipley Park
- 56 Year Old Woman Sexually Assaulted In A Blackburn Park
- Woman Sexually Assaulted Repeatedly On Busy Commuter Train Between Richmond And Clapham Junction
- Teen Girl Sexually Assaulted On Bus In Salford By ‘Asian’ With Warts On His Face
- Gay PE Teacher Shakeel Ahmed ‘Sexually Abused Former Pupil ‘ As Practice For Future Wife
- Police In Bradford Release E-Fit Of ‘Asian’ Wanted For Daytime Attack Of Teenage Girl
- E-fit Of ‘Asian’ Wanted For Sexual Assault On Bus In Gravesend
- Woman Sexually Assaulted In Own Home By ‘Asian’ Taxi Driver Who Followed Her Into House