A SEXUAL assault on a woman in a Glasgow park was a “very frightening incident,” police have said.
The 35-year-old was attacked when she was walking through Kelvingrove Park, near to Dumbarton Road, at about 9.45pm on Friday.
She was approached from behind by a man who grabbed her and then subjected her to the sexual assault.
The woman managed to get away from her attacker, and he ran off through the park towards the city’s Western Infirmary.
The victim also ran out of the park towards Argyle Street, where she contacted the police.
She did not require hospital treatment after the incident, but police said she had been left very upset.
Detective Inspector Douglas Robertson, who is leading the investigation, appealed to anyone who was in the area between 9pm and 10pm on Friday to get in touch.
He said: “This has been a very frightening incident for the victim and specialist officers are continuing to offer her support.
“We are carrying out extensive enquiries including viewing CCTV in order to trace the man responsible for this assault.
“At this time, I would like to reassure the public that there is nothing to suggest that this incident is linked to any other sexual assault. There are additional officers carrying out high visibility patrols in the area and anyone with concerns should speak to an officer.”
The man who carried out the attack is described as being between 35 and 45-years-old, about 5ft 7ins tall, and overweight, with a tanned, Mediterranean or Asian complexion. At the time of the attack he was wearing a red and grey outdoor style jacket and dark trousers and was carrying a small grey rucksack.
- Anti-White Hate Crime : Police Hunt Group Of Racist Muslims Who Abused Female On Train
- Hate Preacher Banned In Pakistan Yet Allowed In UK To Speak At Scottish Mosque
- Moaning Muslims Claim Discrimination Over Catholic School Prioritising Baptised Children
- Race Relations Worker Guilty Of Racist Abuse : Muslim Committed Hate Crime:
- Muslim Sex Pest In Court Over Kebab Shop Attacks
- Racist ‘Asian’ Hurled Abuse At Passengers On Board Train
- My Thoughts On Asad Shad Murder : Police Treat Killing As Religiously Motivated
- Muslims Play Race Card Over Ramadam Mosque Noise: Not Wanting To Listen To Loudspeakers Of Prayers Is Islamophobic