Police have released a description of a man alleged to have attempted to grab a toddler in Towneley Park.
The frightening incident happened just before noon yesterday (Wednesday) in woodland behind Towneley Hall when the man tried to grab the little girl’s arm.
The man has been described as being Asian, in his late thirties, 5ft. 4in., with short hair, wearing white shorts with a tribal blue pattern and a grey t-shirt.
Her father managed to pull the man away who then ran from the scene.
Police scoured the park afterwards and interviewed visitors. They are now studying CCTV in an attempt to catch the offender.
A police spokesman said: “We received a report of an incident at midday on Wednesday where it is alleged a man approached a two-year-old child while she was in the company of her father near to the tunnel of the forest walk in Towneley park.
“It was reported that he has taken hold of the girl by her arm and appeared to pull at her. At no time was the girl separated from her father and she was not hurt during the incident.”
Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Muslim Grooming Gang From East Lancashire On Trial
- Teenage Girl Abducted And Sexually Assaulted In Yorkshire By Muslim Pervert
- Asian Male Tries Abducting A School Girl In Wigan During Daylight Hours
- Police Hunt For Bearded ‘Asian’ Pervert Who Attempted To Abduct 17 Year Old
- Another Muslim Illegal Immigrant In Court For Grooming Schoolgirl
- White Female Bundled Into Car By 2 ‘Asian’ Men In Ilford
- ‘Asian’ Tries To Abduct Schoolgirl In Surrey
- Suspended Sentence For Muslim Taxi Driver Who Attempted To Sexually Assault Copper With Sextoy