Police are hunting a man who they believe enticed two young boys into his car and sexually abused them.
The boys, aged eight and 12, were assaulted in the Spinney Hills area of Leicester in the past five weeks.
In at least one of the attacks, the abuser asked his victim to get into his car to help him find the keys.
Both victims’ descriptions of their attacker are similar and detectives are “keeping an open mind” on whether the attacks were carried out by the same man.
The first attack happened on at 1.30pm on Sunday, March 30.
A man approached a 12-year-old boy in Constance Road, off St Saviours Road and asked him to help him search for his keys which he said were inside his car.
Once the boy was in the car, he was assaulted.
The man is Asian, in his 30s or 40s, is short and fat and had reddish hair, which may have been dyed.
He has prominent teeth, and was wearing a brown or grey jacket with dark jeans.
Police believe the car was a black Vauxhall Astra hatchback.
The second incident happened between 1.15pm and 1.45pm on Saturday.
On that occasion an eight-year-old boy was enticed into a car in Mere Road.
The man drove a short distance to the area of Spinney Hill Road and then Hartington Road where the man sexually assaulted the boy.
The victim has told the police his attacker was Asian and that the car was black.
Detective Constable Rebekah Cortez said: “Incidents of men approaching boys in Leicester are very rare and we are taking these reports very seriously.
“The two boys were shaken and upset by their experiences.
“We are keeping an open mind about whether the same suspect was involved in both incidents, but there are some similarities in the descriptions and the method used.
“We would like the public’s help with any information which could help our investigation.
“In the meantime, we have increased patrols in the area and made all our police officers and Pcsos aware of these incidents and the descriptions of the suspects.
“We are also visiting schools to remind students of ‘stranger danger’ messages.”
Contact Det Con Cortez on 101 or Crimestoppers, which is anonymous, on 0800 555 111.
- Muslim Taxi Driver From Oldham Jailed For Sex Attack On Schoolgirl : Council Knew Of Previous Conviction
- Dewsbury Rape Jihad: Woman Sexually Assaulted While Pushing Pram
- York Rape Jihad: Police Hunt ‘Asian’ Sex Pest After 2 Sexual Assaults In 3 Days
- 16 More Grooming Gang Members Busted In West Yorkshire
- East London Taxi Driver Jailed For Raping Women Who Fell Asleep In His Cab
- Male Masseur Mohamed El Alfy Jailed For Sexual Assaults On Female Customers
- Birmingham Taxi Driver Jhamil Hussan Jailed For Raping Female Passenger
- Muslim Immigrant Released On Bail For Rape Went On To Abuse 2 Schoolgirls
- Bradford Rape Jihad: Nonce Ibrahim Hussain Snatched Girl Aged 12 From Park And Repeatedly Raped Her
- Paedo Majid Mohammed From Staffordshire Charged With Child Sexual Exploitation