Sex assault in Worcester: teen attacked after she leaves city nightclub
3:58pm Friday 11th April 2014 in News
A TEENAGE woman was sexually assaulted in Worcester in the early hours of this morning.
The victim left the Velvet Lounge Nightclub in Angel Place just before 1.55am and walked home via The Butts, Farrier Street and Cherry Tree Walk. She became aware a man was following her and as she approached the railway arches at the junction with Infirmary Walk, the man has approached her and grabbed her by the hand.
He put his arms around her and lifted her off her feet, which caused her to fall backwards and onto the ground. He climbed on top of her, sexually assaulted her and attempted to kiss her, but because she was struggling and shouting at him, he shortly gave up and ran off towards Farrier Street.
The man is described as having a dark complexion – possibly of Asian or Mediterranean background – about 18-20 years old, short at around 5ft 5ins tall, of medium build, and had shaved black hair. He was wearing a dark blue or purple t-shirt with a collar and dark trousers.
Detective Sergeant David Hall of Worcester CID said: “Such stranger attacks are rare but obviously extremely worrying and we have a team of detectives working on the investigation. Additional uniformed patrols will be in the area for the coming days to reassure local residents.
“Thankfully, the young woman’s actions seem to have deterred the man, but she has been left very distressed and we are concerned about how much worse this assault could have been.
“I would like to appeal to anyone who was in the area between 1.45am and 2.15am and saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area around Infirmary Walk, Farrier Street, The Butts and Angel Place.
“If anyone recognises the description of the attacker, please contactWest Mercia Police immediately.”
DS Hall can be contacted via the non-emergency police number 101 or information can be passed on anonymously through the independent charity Crimestoppers (0800 555 111 or via their website : http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org). Quote the reference number 49s 11/04/14.
- Peterborough Rape Jihad : Woman Sexually Assaulted At Knifepoint
- Manchester Rapist Samaun Shah Jailed For 8 Years For Car Park Sex Attack
- Police Seek 2 Males Who Attacked 18 Year Old Female In Yorkshire
- Woman Sexually Assaulted In Nottingham By ‘Asian’ Carrying Bag Of Tennis Racquets
- Farhad Mostafa From Nottingham Jailed For Raping Lesbian Who Mistook His Car For A Taxi
- Police Warn That Over 1000 Children At Risk Of Grooming In West Midlands With 70 Active CSE Investigations
- Zulfiqar Asif From Lancashire Jailed For Drugging And Raping Woman
- Sheffield Rape Jihad: Female Sexually Assaulted On Way To Work During Daytime