A reward of 2 grand on offer to anybody who can provide information on the identity of a Muslim black cab driver who sexually assaulted a female passenger on her way home from a night out. Hopefully the cash incentive will encourage one of his Muslim friends or family to come forward with information.
Taxi Sex Attack
18th November 2013, 13:18
Nottinghamshire’s taxi driving community has been asked to help to trace a man who attacked a 19-year-old woman.
The assault took place just before midnight on Monday 11 February 2013 when the victim was making her way home in the back of a dark green London-style Hackney taxi.
The victim was driven to the junction of Trinity Avenue with Albert Road, just off Lenton Boulevard, where the taxi driver stopped the vehicle, went to the back of the taxi and forced the woman to carry out a sex act.
The victim was able to force her way out of the taxi before she was found in a distressed state by a member of the public.
More than 85 drivers have already been ruled out of enquiries but the attacker has not been caught.
He is described Asian, around 40-years-old, 5”6 tall with a big stomach. He was bald with closely shaved or cropped hair all over and was wearing a dark jacket or hooded top that had a silver zip.
Detective Constable Jon Kerry said: “The attack that night has left this young woman badly shaken and frightened.
“We want to bring this man to justice and we need the help of the taxi-driving community to do that. Do you recognise the description? Do you know who could was involved?
“We aren’t aware of any subsequent attacks but we need to make sure people getting into taxis are safe and this won’t happen again.
”We would ask anyone who knows who this man is to contact us. We have ways of easily eliminating people from our inquiry if you do have concerns about it being someone you know.”
Independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers is offering a reward of up to £2,000 for information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
- Muslim Taxi Driver From Oldham Jailed For Sex Attack On Schoolgirl : Council Knew Of Previous Conviction
- Liverpool Taxi Driver Khaldon Mohammed Accused Of Raping Male Passenger
- Female Sexually Assault By Taxi Driver After NYE Night Out
- Muslim Taxi Driver From Walsall Accused Of Sex With Girl Aged 14
- Woman Sexually Assaulted In Own Home By ‘Asian’ Taxi Driver Who Followed Her Into House
- Muslim Taxi Driver Zaharul Hoque Guilty Of Sex Attack On Female Passenger
- Muslim Taxi Driver Khaldon Mohammed Raped Male Passenger
- A Taxi Rape-Jihad With A Difference : ‘Asian’ Passenger Attacks Female Driver
- ‘Asian’ Taxi Driver Wanted For Two Sex Attacks On Female Passengers In Hertfordshire