Authorities in Southend have given an illegal mosque based at an old bungalow in Fairfax Drive, Westcliff 6 months to close. One local said it is used day and night, with people crammed in at weekends. With up to 150 Muslims turning up at once to pray, traffic and parking chaos has ensued as the illegal mosque is slap bang in the middle of residential housing with poor access and no parking.
Why should a Muslim care if he is blocking your driveway or you cant fit threw the gap in the middle of double parked cars. Tough shit! he has more important things to do like meet his Muslim mates for a chat on life back home, the oppression and illegal occupation in Muslim lands, plotting ways to further Islam, holding business meetings to discuss halal kebab meat suppliers etc. Maybe say a few words in his head to the moon God Allah whilst he is there. Non Muslims parking problems are the least of his concerns. Just make sure you have reversed half a mile back down the road to allow him to get drive his Toyota Avengis out.
Six months to close seems an extremely long time, if it had been anyone other than Muslims using the building for illegal purposes it would have been closed straight away not given 6 months to plot an appeal to prolong it even further. The locals have already had to suffer this for 2 years already.
Nasser Hussain, 56, head trustee of the centre, said: “What we need to do is read through the report properly and make sense of it and then speak to our architect about where we go from here.”
Its not rocket science, pack your bags and do one. That is where you go from here.
Illegal Southend mosque given six months to close
6:10am Thursday 14th November 2013 in NewsBy Jon Austin
AN illegal mosque has been given six months to close after a planning inspector threw out an appeal for retrospective planning permission. The mosque, which has been operating in an old bungalow in Fairfax Drive, Westcliff, for the past two years, has been attended by up to 150 people at a time. However, planning inspector Felix Bourne threw out the appeal by Jaafriya Islamic Centre, made after Southend Council issued enforcement notices ordering them to shut down the mosque by this February.
During the appeal Southend Council suggested several other sites for a Shia muslim mosque, including the £800,000 New Empire Hotel, in Alexandra Street, Southend. Martin Terry, Independent Group leader at the council, said: “I am delighted with the outcome as this is the right decision. “It is the wrong location and should not be there. But the compliance time is too long. “In six months there could be time to appeal to the High Court and it could just go on and on and meanwhile residents are suffering.” Paul Collins, Lib Dem councillor for Westborough ward, added: “At long last the inspector has upheld the enforcement action against the owners.
“Residents have endured disturbance for too long, and I do urge the owners to talk to the council about alternative suitable property.” Residents claim the amount of people regularly using the mosque has led to increased traffic and parking problems, noise at night and large amounts of black refuse sacks being left out. A neighbouring businessman, who would not be named, said in recent weeks it had been used day and night, with people crammed in at weekends. He said: “It’s good that it has been turned down, but will that be the end of it or are we just going to see them appeal?” The mosque was set up without planning permission. Mr Bourne rejected the appeal against the enforcement notices and for retrospective planning permission for the extension. Nasser Hussain, 56, head trustee of the centre, said: “What we need to do is read through the report properly and make sense of it and then speak to our architect about where we go from here.”
- Essex Girl Needs Emergency Surgery After Being Attacked By Savage With Knuckle Duster
- Southend Residents Delight As Illegal Mosque Finally Closed Down
- Illegal Southend Mosque Given Six Months To Close. Anyone Else It Would Of Been Immediate
- Tower Hamlets FOI Reply-Council Give Millions In Funding To Muslim Groups
- TellMama / Faith Matters-Fiyaz Mughal’s Islamic Money Making Machine
- Bolton Council Of Mosques Has Received Over £1.1Million In Council Funding
- The Muslim ‘Loverboys’ : Grooming And Pimping Epidemic In The Netherlands
- Neighbours’ fury as council allowed tiny bungalow to be used as an ‘illegal’ mosque for 200 worshippers