A Newcastle Council member has called for calm after the windows were smashed at the home of a Muslim man who had been charged with the rape and robbery of a schoolgirl. It was only hours earlier that the identity of the Muslim sex fiend had been released. Coun Dipu Ahad who issued the plea also happens to be a race and human rights campaigner.The fact that his statements mention its in a predominantly Muslim area and he fears it may escalate would suggest that he is trying to make out the attack has some kind of racist reasons behind it. His comments about it escalating are making issues out of things that haven’t even happened and probably wont happen. Portraying his fellow Muslims as the victims beforehand without justification. This is a common stealth jihad tactic used by Muslims worldwide.
I dont see any reason why the police activity around the child rapists house should be a cause for racial tensions to increase. This is standard police practice in any sort of serious crime and is nothing to do with the pedophiles race or religion. Likewise why would the vandalism escalate over the holidays to include other members of the community. No body else from the area was involved in the schoolgirls rape other than the man arrested.The mans windows were smashed because he was a nonce end of regardless of race/religion. I know if a white person had raped a schoolgirl near where i live its almost certain his windows would end up with a brick through them. Nobody wants a beast living near them especially if they included the victims family or friends
Plea for calm after attack on rape suspect’s home
A COUNCILLOR is calling for calm after the home of a man charged with raping a schoolgirl came under attack.
A window was smashed at the house of 19-year-old Abdul Zalal Miah, in Hull Street, Elswick, Newcastle, on Christmas Eve.
The incident came just hours after police officially released Miah’s name and as he made his first appearance at Newcastle Magistrates’ Court.
The 19-year-old is charged with three counts of rape, possessing an offensive weapon, threats to kill and robbery after a 15-year-old schoolgirl was attacked on Tuesday, December 18.
Two teenagers, aged 17 and 18, were arrested by Northumbria Police on suspicion of aggravated burglary at Miah’s home.
Race and human rights campaigner Coun Dipu Ahad, who represents the Elswick ward for Newcastle City Council, now fears targeted attacks at the Miah family home, on a predominantly Bengali street, could escalate over the holiday period.
He said: “There has been a lot of police activity around the house. We are worried that this is stirring up racial tension.
“There needs to be calm now in the community.
“First and foremost, we need to support this woman and people shouldn’t use this to create more tension. We are now appealing to everyone for calm.”
Miah was arrested on Sunday after a six-day manhunt.
He appeared at the city’s magistrates’ court on December 24 where he was formally charged with three counts of rape, kidnap, possessing an offensive weapon, threats to kill and robbery.
He was remanded in custody by magistrates until January 4 when he will appear at Newcastle Crown Court.
The victim reported she had been threatened with a knife and raped as she walked along Elswick Road.
The attacker is alleged to have taken her to a secluded area between Park Close and Gloucester Terrace.
A spokesperson for Northumbria Police, said: “Police received a report of a window being broken at an address on Hull Street, Newcastle.
“Officers attended and two men aged 17 and 18 were arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary.”