Two Immigrants Accused Of Attempted Child Abduction Of Boys Aged 8 And 10
Surprisingly(or unsurprisingly depending how you look at it) little media attention about the trial of two Muslim immigrants charged with the attempted abduction of two young boys in Leigh, Greater Manchester. Ignored by the mainstream media and only covered by a couple of local newspapers. The pair of deviants tried enticing the two brothers returning from the park to get into the car they was travelling in. Thankfully the older boy realised something wasn’t right and went home and told his mother who immediately phoned police, who picked up the Kurdish pair still in the area
Trial of two Leigh men accused of attempted child abduction begins
TWO young brothers were left upset and distressed after two men tried to entice them into their car, a court heard.
The boys, aged eight and 10, declined the offer to get into their vehicle and ran home to tell their motherl.
Aram Younis, aged 23 of Irvine Street in Leigh, and Hassan Meshedi, aged 31 of Chapel Street in Leigh, deny two charges of attempted child abduction.
Anthony O’Donohoe, prosecuting, told the jury on the first day of the Liverpool Crown Court trial that the incident happened on July 13 this year after the boys, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, left Crankwood Park in Abram.
As they were walking along a cul-de-sac, Crankwood Road, a light blue Renault Clio approached from the opposite direction.
Mr O’Donohoe said: “The prosecution case is that the driver was Meshedi and the passenger was Younis.
“Younis said through the open passenger window, ‘Do you want to come in this car?’. The boys replied, ‘No, we don’t know you’
“Younis said, ‘Come on boys, it’s only a ride,’
“In that moment the older boy sensed his brother was about to move towards the car so he pulled his brother back and both boys ran home.
“They seemed upset and not surprisingly their mother was distressed to hear of this matter and she immediately telephoned the police.”
A police officer came to their home and while there he received radio communication to say that two men matching their description had been detained in Plank Lane, Abram.
“At the scene they categorically denied speaking to any children and claimed they had been looking for a nice spot to relax in the sunshine,” said Mr O’Donohoe.
They were arrested and when interviewed they admitted having been in the general vicinity but again denied speaking to any boys. Meshedi admitted that they had driven down a cul-de-sac.
Mr O’Donoghoe told the court that the older boy picked out Meshedi on a video ID parade as the driver.
Younis, and Meshedi, are both being helped by a Kurdish Iranian interpreter and are representing themselves.
The trial continues.
Posted on December 20, 2013, in CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN BY MUSLIMS, MUSLIM SEX AND SEXUAL PERVERSIONS and tagged ABDUCT, ATTEMPTED, BOYS, CAR, CHILD ABDUCTION, CHILDREN, GREATER MANCHESTER, ID PARADE, IMMIGRANTS, KURDISH, LEIGH, LIVERPOOL CROWN COURT, MUSLIM, PERVERTS. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.